Amazon (AWS) Amazon Web Services
About the services offered at Amazon AWS
Amazon launched AWS during cloud computing's early transitional phase. Prior to the launch,
Amazon rebuilt its infrastructure to consolidate server power and storage after realizing their host servers were approximately 50 percent below capacity.
AWS resides on the same infrastructure as the host of Amazon's other Web properties, such as Webstore.
Amazon packages AWS with scalable and virtually unlimited computing, storage and bandwidth resources.
AWS uses the subscription pricing model of pay-as-you-go or pay-for-what-you-use.
AWS services include:
- Amazon Elastic Computer Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3 are the two core Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) services, which are used by cloud application solution developers worldwide.